Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sweet Baby James

  Yeah, I know I dropped the ball (again) by not posting for so long. But at least I have a good reason this time, lol! I had the baby!
  I went into labor on Monday, November 8th, on the way to Tristen's occupational therapy. My midwife was meeting me there for my 38 week appointment, so I thought the timing was pretty good. Nathan wasn't too far away from home, so he was able to make it back in plenty of time. We weren't able to reach the birth assistant, however. Luckily there was another midwife, Dorothy, who agreed to come to help with the birth. Honestly, I'm glad it worked out the way it did. I was so comfortable with Angy and Dorothy here, and I wouldn't change a thing. With help from the Lord, and my two wonderful midwives, I was able to have the home birth that I so badly wanted.
  James Alvin Putnam was born into his Daddy's arms on Tuesday, November 9th at 12:10am. He weighed 8lbs. 12oz. and was 20 3/4 inches long. He is about as close to perfect as you can get :) His big brother and big sister are absolutely in love with him; Rebecka isn't even disappointed that he isn't the baby sister that she wanted ;)
  I feel really bad for not realizing that we didn't get pictures of Angy holding James :( Heck , I didn't get one of Dorothy holding him until she came to the house to check up on us Saturday evening. I made sure to fix that, and hopefully I'll get a few good ones of him and Angy when she stops by the house this coming weekend. I'll be sure to post a pic of the two of them just as soon as I can. Here are a few of my favorites so far:


This was taken about half an hour after he was born:

And we took this one the next morning:

Dorothy holding James :)

Dorothy, James, and I (geez I look tired, lol!):

We sure do love our midwives :)

I'm in love all over again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment