Monday, August 9, 2010

Reservations have been made!

  We'll be staying at Homewood Suites. I booked the reservation today for October 20-29. The suite has two double beds, a kitchenette with a full size refrigerator/freezer, a microwave, stovetop, and dishwasher. No oven, but I think we can do without one for 9 days. We got the 4 Paws group rate of $98 a night (I think I said $89 before, but I had my numbers backward, lol), bringing the hotel bill to $992.25 after taxes.
  Homewood Suites offers a complimentary hot bar breakfast every morning, and dinner Monday-Thursday. That will help cut down on the food bill a bit. I also plan on packing lunch to take to training, trying to eat as cheap as possible. The kids won't have to go to training everyday, so most of their meals can be made in the suite.
  I still have no clue as to who to ask to go with me. I have to have someone to watch the kids while I focus on training. I've been racking my brain, and I'm still coming up blank. I know it's a tremendous amount to ask someone to take 9.5 days out of their life to travel out of state and help take care of someone else's kids. Add in the fact that one of those kids is disabled, and it's a whole new ballgame. Heck, I can't even find a sitter, how in the world am I gonna find someone to do this?!

No comments:

Post a Comment