Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Leaving tomorrow!

  The time just seems to have flown by! It doesn't seem like it's been that long since we decided to undertake this trip to Ohio to get Tristen a new service dog. But here we are, ready to get on the road as early as possible tomorrow. I'm hoping to arrive at the hotel early enough to get us settled in time for my classes tomorrow evening.
  It also doesn't seem possible that I am now 35 weeks pregnant with our third child! I have to admit, I've spent the last few days wondering how I'm ever going to be comfortable away from home for the next week and a half. I definitely plan on taking several different pillows and such in hopes of being at least semi-comfy! Nathan is going to have his hands full while we are gone. There are still many things to do before the baby is born, and I'll be just 2 days shy of 37 weeks when we get home.
  Tristen is so darn excited about going to get Dante that he had trouble getting to sleep tonight :)  Heck, it's all he's talked about for weeks now. Every day he's asked me if it's time to go to 4 Paws and get Dante yet. It was so great today to be able to tell him "Just one more sleep, sweetie, just one more sleep." I just know that he's going to be upset tomorrow though, when we get to the hotel and he realizes that he won't actually get to see Dante until Thursday. Oh well, I suppose I'll deal with that when we get there. Hopefully the other families will understand when I make the kids stay in our room with Brianna while I go to say hello to everyone. I just don't want Tristen to see the other dogs if at all possible until it's actually time to go meet Dante. He doesn't know that the training class actually started today, and we were just given a 2 day grace period.
  Well, I had better try to get some sleep. We've got an early morning and a long day ahead of us tomorrow. Keep us in your prayers, it's gonna be an interesting 10 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment